Firstmonie Agent Banking enables customers in unbanked or underbanked regions to process financial requests through registered Agents and existing businesses.
Firstmonie Agent Banking
Agent banking is a channel used to bring financial services closer to the unbanked and underbanked segment of the society by empowering existing businesses within the communities to deliver these services.
Click here to view the list of Firstmonie Agent Locations
How to identify a Firstmonie Agent
Branding features of a Firstmonie Agent location include.
- Outdoor paintings in FirstBanks’ colours (Blue and Gold)
- Firstmonie Agent Certificate
- Firstmonie Agent Banner
- Firstmonie Agent Dangler
Available Services at a Firstmonie Agent location
- Open a FirstBank account
- Deposit Money
- Withdraw money from any Bank
- Send money to any Bank
- Pay Bills
- Enrol for BVN
- Buy Airtime and data
- Card balance enquiry
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions.
Firstmonie Agent Network
The Firstmonie Agent network is a bespoke channel through which FirstBank expresses her passion and commitment to broadening the opportunities and access to financial services for every Nigerian and African; especially within the low-income segment (the unbanked and under-banked population).
We are all over Nigeria! –
We have over 208,000 Firstmonie Agent locations, across 772 out of the 774 local government areas in Nigeria; including the FCT.
We are empowering individuals! –
The Firstmonie Agent channel services over 1,000,000 unique customers daily. Creating easy access to financial services, our Agent network bridges the gap between high-tech services and low literacy clients.
We are empowering businesses! –
Firstmonie Agents are regarded as community heroes who are positively impacting the society, improving lives and eradicating poverty.
We are creating jobs! –
Through the Firstmonie Agent channel, we have created over 300,000 indirect jobs in the last 4 years.
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions.
As a Firstmonie Ambassador, you have an opportunity to recruit Agents to join the Firstmonie network and earn income from the transactions your recruited Agents perform on Firstmonie Agent channels. This initiative is a unique opportunity to be partnering with the pioneer of Agent banking, and the largest and most dependable Agent Banking Network in Nigeria!
What do I need to become a Firstmonie Ambassador?
- A valid means of identification (Voters’ card, National ID card, Drivers’ license or International passport)
- A valid FirstBank current account.
What benefits will I get for becoming a Firstmonie Ambassador?
- Additional income earned through commission from transactions processed by the recruited Firstmonie Agents
- Get empowered financially and empower others as well
- Opportunity to partner with the most reliable, and the largest Agent Banking Network in Nigeria
Who can be a Firstmonie Ambassador?
- Existing Firstmonie Agents
- Business Owners
- Individuals/ Corporate entities
- Societal groups (e.g. Co-operative societies)
- Any other viable partner
Want to get started?
- An existing business
- A visible and accessible business location
- A valid means of identification (Voters’ card, National ID card, Drivers’ License, International Passport)
- Utility bill not more than three (3) months old
- Business registration documentation for corporate bodies
- Saves customer travel and queue time (relative to alternatives such as the Branch and ATM point).
- Provides the target market access to custom/ relevant products that fit their needs.
- Provides quick access to “Human ATMs” which can serve all customer types – banked (customers of any bank) and unbanked.
- Additional revenue from commissions earned per transaction processed.
- Improves Agent trust and credibility in their respective communities.
- Expansion of existing service offerings
- Increased demand for existing services/business offerings.
- Tool for financial inclusion and literacy
- Reduction in the rate of poverty and unemployment.
- Channel for the deployment of National Social Intervention Programmes.
- Platform for partnership with international organizations to drive humanitarian programmes.
- All transactions processed at the Agent locations are real-time and impact sender/ beneficiary’s account instantly.
- Agent account is debited or credited instantly for every transaction processed.
- Customers are charged a convenience fee for transactions with the exemption of Airtime Recharge.
Customer Transaction Guide
- Services shall be provided subject to the availability of funds at the Agent location.
- If FirstBank systems are down, no transactions can be processed.
- Never disclose your PIN to anybody.
- When making a withdrawal, a valid identity card is required for identification.
- Ensure that you sign the transaction log book to confirm the information recorded about your transaction.
- Ensure that you get a transaction receipt for all transactions.
- In case of a failed transaction, please contact your bank for resolution.
|1||Deposit (FirstBank account only)|
|1 – 5,000||N50|
|>5,000 – 30,000||N100|
|>30,000 – 100,000||N150|
|2||Transfer to FirstBank account|
|1 – 30,000||N100|
|>30,000 – 100,000||N150|
|3||Transfer to Other Banks|
|1 – 20,000||N100|
|>20,000 – 100,000||N200|
|1 – 10,000||N100|
|>10,000 – 100,000||N200|
|5||Bill Payment||N100 flat|
- Partnership with Firstmonie has lifted me from a nobody to somebody. Firstmonie created dichotomy between me and poverty…Ali Abubakar, FCT
- God has brought liberation to my community. My people do not have to go and spend hours in the Bank when they can do the same transactions with a token within few minutes. Firstmonie charge is low compared to other platforms and l equally comply with the charges, so because of that they are happy and excited… Mojisola Iyabode, Ogun
- My presence as a Firstmonie Agent in my community has saved members of my community money, energy and time. They can now do their basic financial transactions at a very affordable rate, without necessarily going to the bank, consequently eliminating time-wastage, conserving them energy, and saving them money. With Firstmonie, I now have the capacity to give the youth the opportunity to earn a living. I am now a job-creator, with 5 people under my employment. Nothing can be more satisfying! … Francis Friday, Abuja
You agree and undertake to FirstBank that you shall:
5.1 You shall at all times during the subsistence of this Agreement perform the Agent Banking Services more specifically detailed in Appendix I hereto.
Telephone number: 01-9054557 or 019054558
- Cash Deposits
- Cash Withdrawals
- Airtime Top-up
- Bills Payments
- Funds Transfer Services
- Balance Enquiry
- Account Opening
- BVN Capture
- Any other transactions/service approved by FirstBank in writing.
- Send a mail to email@example.com
- Call us on any of the following numbers:
- 0700FIRSTMONIE (0700-34778-66643)
- Visit any FirstBank Branch
7 Reasons to Become a Firstmonie Agent
Self-registration within minutes
Cheaper Transaction Fees
Take on more customers and make more profit
Instant credit / settlement for transactions processed
Easy / stress free liquidity management
Access to Agent credit
Quick access to working capital support
Comprehensive insurance for you the Agent and your workers; priced at the cheapest rate
Excellent support structure
Over 750 branches across Nigeria ready to attend to your needs
Member of the largest Agent network
Opportunity to join the largest Agent network in Nigeria