At FirstBank Nigeria, we put you first committed to protecting and respecting you privacy.
YOUR PRIVACY FIRST
At FirstBank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) and/or its Subsidiaries, we put you first and are thus committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect, process, share and manage data about you (our customers and other natural persons where applicable).
1. FIRSTBANK AND YOU
The Subsidiaries of FirstBank covered by this Policy are:
- FBNBank Ghana Limited
- FBNBank Guinea Limited
- FBNBank Senegal Limited
- FBNBank Sierra Leone Limited
- FBNBank DRC Limited
- FBNBank Gambia Limited
- First Pension Custodian Nigeria Limited
2. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the course of consuming services provided to you by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries to meet your needs, through this and other channels available, we collect information you provide us via forms, phone calls, and correspondence by mail or emails, service point interfaces, and any other channels we may make available to you from time to time. The information we collect may include but not limited to: identity verification, services consumed, and services desired/required, mode of consumption, preferences, location, general events, instructions and transactions relating to the services.
We may also use information about you collected by third parties and other service partners to better serve your needs. Third party sources are not controlled by FirstBank or Subsidiaries and as such we are not liable for how they use it.
We don’t ask for your personal information unless we need it to provide or improve our products and services for you. We want to be sure we have your consent to collect, use and, where necessary, share your information with our partners and suppliers that help us serve you. Whenever we introduce new services and technologies, we’ll ensure you understand and agree to any new ways in which your information is handled. You will be considered to have given your consent to FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries for the processing of your personal data when;
- You complete any form, brochure or material issued by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries at any of our service points (mobile, online, in-branch etc.) requesting for such personal information
- You register, check or tick the acceptance box on any of our electronic platforms (Online or Mobile) relating to terms and conditions of any service or product offered by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries
- You send a request, complaint or other communication to FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries
- You use any service or product offered by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries will process your personal information for the following purposes;
- To offer and provide our Products and Services tailored to meet your unique needs
- To fulfil the terms of any service contract(s) you might have with us
- To improve your service experience with us
- To conduct our business
- To manage our relationship with you
- To comply with Laws and Regulations
- To provide information to Credit Agencies
- To update your records
- To develop statistics as may be required
- To comply with our Internal Policies
- To communicate with you when necessary
FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries will limit the collection and use of your personal information for the stated purposes.
6. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries may share or disclose your personal information to third parties where:
- We have your consent to share or disclose such personal information;
- We are required by law to share or disclose such personal information
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes;
- We find that your actions on our electronic platforms violate any of our Policies for the purpose of investigations, reporting and enforcing any of our rights.
- Required for audit purposes
FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries may also disclose or share your personal information where it is necessary to enforce the terms and conditions of any of our Products and Services or any of our rights as well as to protect our operations and customers.
7. INFORMATION PROTECTION AND RETENTION
FirstBank and Subsidiaries will always ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. We have put in place processes and technologies to ensure that your personal information is not modified, lost, damaged or destroyed. Our people are trained to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed and safe as stated in this policy.
Where access and use of our electronic platforms requires authentication of the user, you shall be responsible for the use and safety of your authentication credential(s) including but not limited to User Name, Personal Identification Number (PIN), Password, One Time Passwords (OTP) and Tokens.
We will retain your personal information for such length of time as may be required by law, regulation, the internal policies of FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries.
8. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS POLICY
The following rights are available to you under this Policy:
- You may at any time request for access to your personal information held by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries or request that your personal information be made available to a third party. Your request may specify the format in which the information should be made available subject to FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries having the capacity to provide the personal information in the requested format.
- You may request to update your personal information with FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries at any time.
- You may elect to withdraw your consent at any time. Save where there is a legal or operational reason to continue with the processing of your personal data, FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries shall discontinue the processing of your personal data upon receipt of your notice withdrawing consent. Such withdrawal however may impact FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries ability to provide some products or services to you if your consent is mandatory for the execution for providing such services.
- Your right to withdraw consent extends to objecting or restricting the processing of your personal data by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries.
- You may request that your personal information be deleted. We may continue to retain such personal information as may be required for compliance with legal, regulatory or policy requirements.
Where you have concerns relating to the processing of your personal information by FirstBank and/or Subsidiaries, or require any clarification on this policy, please notify us through or contact details provided below:
Phone: 0700 FIRSTCONTACT (0700 34778 2668228), 01 448 5500, 0708-062-5000
We will respond to your concerns within 30 days of receiving your notice.
We may update this policy from time to time. Where there are changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website.