About Agent Banking
Agent banking is a channel used to bring financial services closer to the unbanked and underbanked segment of the society by empowering existing businesses within the communities to deliver these services.
About the Firstmonie Agent Network
The Firstmonie Agent network is a bespoke channel through which FirstBank expresses her passion and commitment to broadening the opportunities and access to financial services for every Nigerian and African; especially within the low-income segment (the unbanked and under-banked population).
How to identify a Firstmonie Agent
Branding features of a Firstmonie Agent location include.
- Outdoor paintings in FirstBanks’ colours (Blue and Gold)
- Firstmonie Agent Certificate
- Firstmonie Agent Banner
- Firstmonie Agent Dangler
Available Services at a Firstmonie Agent location
- Open a FirstBank account
- Deposit Money
- Withdraw money from any Bank
- Send money to any Bank
- Pay Bills
- Buy Airtime
- Enroll for BVN
We are all over Nigeria! –Over 32,000 Firstmonie Agent locations (and counting) are present in 754 Local Government Areas across all States in Nigeria including the FCT.
We are empowering individuals! –The Firstmonie Agent channel services over 500,000 unique customers daily. Creating easy access to financial services, our Agent network bridges the gap between high-tech services and low literacy clients.
We are empowering businesses! -Firstmonie Agents are regarded as community heroes who are positively impacting the society, improving lives and eradicating poverty.
We are creating jobs! -Through the Firstmonie Agent channel, we have created over 90,000 indirect jobs in less than 2 years.
To the Customer
- Saves customer travel and queue time (relative to alternatives such as the Branch and ATM point).
- Provides the target market access to custom/ relevant products that fit their needs.
- Provides quick access to “Human ATMs” which can serve all customer types – banked (customers of any bank) and unbanked.
- Additional revenue from commissions earned per transaction processed.
- Improves Agent trust and credibility in their respective communities.
- Expansion of existing service offerings
- Increased demand for existing services/business offerings.
- Tool for financial inclusion and literacy
- Reduction in the rate of poverty and unemployment.
- Channel for the deployment of National Social Intervention Programmes.
- Platform for partnership with international organizations to drive humanitarian programmes.
- All transactions processed at the Agent locations are real-time and impact sender/ beneficiary’s account instantly.
- Agent account is debited or credited instantly for every transaction processed.
- Customers are charged a convenience fee for transactions with the exemption of Airtime Recharge.
Customer Transaction Guide
- Services shall be provided subject to the availability of funds at the Agent location.
- If FirstBank systems are down, no transactions can be processed.
- Never disclose your PIN to anybody.
- When making a withdrawal, a valid identity card is required for identification.
- Ensure that you sign the transaction log book to confirm the information recorded about your transaction.
- Ensure that you get a transaction receipt for all transactions.
- In case of a failed transaction, please contact your bank for resolution.
|S/N||Transaction Amount Band||Fee paid by Customer|
|1||Deposit (FirstBank account only)|
|1 – 5,000||N50|
|>5,000 – 30,000||N100|
|>30,000 – 100,000||N150|
|2||Transfer to FirstBank account|
|1 – 30,000||N100|
|>30,000 – 100,000||N150|
|3||Transfer to Other Banks|
|1 – 20,000||N100|
|>20,000 – 100,000||N200|
|1 – 10,000||N100|
|>10,000 – 100,000||N200|
|5||Bill Payment||N100 flat|
- Prospective Agent must have been engaged in commercial activities for a minimum of 12 months.
- Prospective Agent must have a shop (a permanent structure – either rented or owned) from which he operates from.
- Prospective Agent must be willing to render financial services as defined by the bank.
- Willingness to commit a minimum working capital of N50,000 (if a non-registered business) and N250,000 (if a registered business).
|Who can be an Agent?||Who can’t be an Agent?|
|The CBN is very particular about the kinds of business entities that qualify to be Agents.
The following entities are eligible to be an Agent
o Limited liability companies
o Sole proprietorships
o Cooperative societies
o Unregistered SMEs (Individuals)
|The following entities are excluded from being an Agent.
• Bureau De Change (BDCs)
• Non-Governmental Organizations [NGOs]
• Faith Based Institutions
• Educational Organizations –Not-for-profit Organizations.
|S/N||Documents||Objective||Individual/Non-Registered Business||Registered Business|
|1||Valid means of identification (Driver’s license, National ID card, International passport or Voter’s card)||Proper identification||Yes||Yes|
|3||2 current account references||Attestation to customer’s character||Yes||Yes|
|4||Evidence of Business Registration
(CAC Registration Form)
|CAC search to confirm corporate identity||N/A||Yes|
|5||Tax Identification Number (TIN)||Regulatory||N/A||Yes|
|6||*Credit Bureau Report||Confirmation that the Potential Agent is not a non-performing borrower||Yes||Yes|
Partnership with Firstmonie has lifted me from a nobody to somebody. Firstmonie created dichotomy between me and poverty…Ali Abubakar, FCT
God has brought liberation to my community. My people do not have to go and spend hours in the Bank when they can do the same transactions with a token within few minutes. Firstmonie charge is low compared to other platforms and l equally comply with the charges, so because of that they are happy and excited… Mojisola Iyabode, Ogun
My presence as a Firstmonie Agent in my community has saved members of my community money, energy and time. They can now do their basic financial transactions at a very affordable rate, without necessarily going to the bank, consequently eliminating time-wastage, conserving them energy, and saving them money. With Firstmonie, I now have the capacity to give the youth the opportunity to earn a living. I am now a job-creator, with 5 people under my employment. Nothing can be more satisfying! … Francis Friday, Abuja