Nigerian women actively participating in business goes as far back as in the days of “Madam Tinubu” (Efunroye Tinubu), during the pre-colonial and colonial Nigeria, in the 1880s. Over the years, many women of influence have walked the land, leaving their mark in areas of business, politics, academics, medicine and the arts.
So many names to mention, but it is heart-warming that when history is written, our female icons will continue to appear engraved in gold, shining and resplendent!
FirstGem, a female-centric financial product from FirstBank, is structured to empower and support women in all walks of life especially women in business. With FirstGem, it is our aspiration that more women will achieve their business & financial goals and follow in the footsteps of heroines past and present in Nigeria, Africa and across the world.
FirstBank recognised the need to create a value-enhancing culture that will enable women to build their businesses and careers to credible and acceptable standards that would ensure reliability and dependency for the home front, society and economy at large.
According to the former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, “there is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women” and our FirstGem Businesswomen Accounts is designed to do just that.
- Some of the benefits you get from opening a FirstGem Businesswomen Account include;
- Target savings for building personal investment portfolio.
- Membership of the FirstGem community of women to share, learn, mentor, and be mentored.
- Access to select leadership programmes/workshops/training on Women empowerment.
- Access to business skills on wealth management and investment plans.
- Advisory services on real estate opportunities.
- Access to soft loans (Business and Personal) from FirstBank.
- Zero Drafting fees-with our business partner – FBNQuest Trustees.
- Discount on Auto Insurance and Education plan for your children with our business partner, FBN Insurance Brokers.
- Special promotions and discounts at select merchant outlets for account holders.
- And so much more camaraderie!
This bespoke product is aimed at encouraging the savings culture, financial literacy, loan management, wealth creation and lifestyle of many more women.
Visit www.firstbanknigeria.com to know how you can take advantage of FirstGem from FirstBank.