Life can sometimes be hectic with personal self-care taking the back seat and resulting to adverse effects on the total health and wellbeing of a person. Nowadays people juggle work, home, traffic and social obligations and this takes a toll on their health. Hence this wakeup call that no part of selfcare should be ignored.
Health is an investment and as individuals, we have to learn what is best for us, and also consciously create small changes that align us to be our best, ‘healthiest’ selves.
We should choose health over a busy schedule, a run over ‘an unnecessary’ meeting, nutritious food over the more convenient options, conscious product over a mindless profit-hungry company.
We are responsible for our own health & solely accountable for the state of our bodies. Constant repetition becomes a habit and focusing on self-care habits will improve the overall quality of life and our health.
Let’s look at some simple habits that will make the balance between physical, mental, and even emotional well-being a little easier, and possibly even more enjoyable.
- Be conscious of your self-worth: Once a person realises how important it is to produce positive feelings, his/her confidence and self-esteem will grow.
- Try to maintain a good work-life balance: An overworked lifestyle can lead to stress and exhaustion. This can lead to a less productive, more disorganized, and emotionally depleted life. Work smarter.
- Stress management: Constant stress and anxiety leads to adverse effects on mental and physical health. Make it a habit to relax.
- Live life with more zeal: Making time each and every day to do something for self-care (e.g., a quick shower, reading, painting, taking up a new hobby, etc.) does not only re-energise, but it gives a new motivation & reasons to get up early in the morning.
- Physical health: Physical health habits such as healthy eating, regular exercise, and adequate sleep are very important to self-care.
Consider These Simple Self-Care Tips:
- Exercises e.g., walking, jogging, or running at least 30 minutes daily
- Deep breathing exercises for an average of five (5) minutes daily
- Take small breaks when needed
- Carefully choose who you spend time with every day
- Find something to laugh about everyday
- Eat a healthy diet of a variety of different vegetables
- Stop emotional eating
- Start a journal and jot down at least one positive experience from the day
- Learning how to say “No” to others and “Yes” to yourself
- Stop overthinking
- Make time for sleep
- Take a self-care weekend trip
- Get outside and enjoy nature
- Don’t procrastinate; instead execute self-care needs now!
It is never too late to start a self-care routine. The global pandemic has even brought to the fore the significance of health in all ramifications. Begin now by looking for small ways to incorporate self-care into your everyday life and maintain good health.
At FirstBank, we are committed to putting You first, that is why we are here to remind you to stay healthy.
Check out www.firstbanknigeria.com for more info.
Image Source: SHUTTERSTOCK