Power and Infrastructure
Unlocking the Power and Infrastructure sector remains a key driver to economic growth in Nigeria and supporting this sector remains one of our major focus and contribution as a business and reliable financial institution in Nigeria.
Unlocking the Power and Infrastructure Sector
The Infrastructure Group provides bespoke solutions with in-depth knowledge to the peculiarity of the infrastructure deficit in Nigeria and Africa at large. We support both the private and public sectors in creating new and expanding existing infrastructural projects and understand that advising them on project development, innovative investment options and debt solutions will ultimately help deliver quality output.
The Group has built a long history of reputation and expertise in working with project sponsors in developing new financing and investment strategies to optimize the viability whilst maximizing returns for new projects. Our Advisory team has continued to collaborate with private and institutional investors in reviewing their respective capital plans, turning public and private strategies into defined projects, and helping to guide projects from concept to early stage feasibility work, while delivering on commercial structuring and financial modelling.
We have remained the reference institution in our capacity and capabilities to help project sponsors and investors to structure, negotiate and execute complex infrastructure investment transactions by developing market mechanisms to generate competition for investments and ensuring that competitive tension is present in the negotiation and structuring of all projects receiving our support. We provide support to the key sub-sectors in the transport industry – public transportation, roads & toll roads, rail & light rail transit, seaport and airport development, pipeline construction and water utilities.
Key Focus – Sectors We Work in
At First Bank, we are also mindful of our planet and the need to pursue an eco-friendly and sustainable approach in our decision-making process in line with Global best practices and sustainable environmental and social business practices especially towards infrastructural development and Power/Energy management.
Bespoke Power and Infrastructure Solutions
We support the Power and Infrastructure sector through a variety of products and solutions tailored to meet the respective needs of project promoters;
- Corporate or On-Balance Sheet Finance
- Project Finance
- Senior debt
- Subordinated and/or mezzanine debt
- Bridging finance
- Financial Advisory Services
- Working Capital Support
- Acquisition Finance
- Structured Trade and Commodity Finance
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Intervention Funds Financing
- Import and Export Finance
STRUCTURING & ARRANGING SOLUTIONS
- Sole lender or within a syndicate
- Lead or joint arranger with other financial institutions
- Industry experience needed to creatively develop structured financial solution to deliver on complex projects.
- As a member of First Bank Holdings, the Group has excellent access to debt and equity capitals through local and international financial markets to drive projects through completion and beyond.
- Over 124years of proven ability to tailor financial products to meet individual stakeholders needs and project requirements.
- Our ability to structure, underwrite and hold significant debt positions sets us apart and can help to enhance our customers’ competitiveness and exploit growth opportunities.
- Long term advisory support for critical infrastructure projects.
- Unrestricted access to senior secured corporate loans and mezzanine debt to public-private partnerships and project financing.
- Access to pool of experienced professional staff to guide clients in structuring market acceptable and bankable projects.