This web site is administered by First Bank of Nigeria Limited (‘FirstBank’)
This policy statement shall apply to the processing of personal data obtained from the data subjects as defined in the GDPR
Purposes of Processing
FirstBank collects and processes information about you for the following purposes;
- Providing service to you as a customer
- Conducting its business,
- informing and making available products and services that may be of interest to you
- preventing crime and managing security risk
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements
- Developing web statistics.
The information you provide may also be used to contact you when necessary,
Calls, emails, text messages and other communications may be recorded by FirstBank where required by the law, regulation or for quality assurance purposes in a bid to serve you better.
Firstbank may collect and process the following data:
- Names (which may include alias), date of birth, gender, nationality (which includes ethnic origin), permanent residential address, biometric data, email addresses and telephone numbers, Bank account details (where applicable), information about deposits, and asset and liability statements for guarantors, details of shareholding, information about tax residency status and tax nationality, details of public positions held by you or held by your immediate family (spouse, partner, children and their spouses and partners, parents) and close associates.
- Information about any regulatory matters connected to you.
- Footage from CCTV within the Bank’s premises
FirstBank does not seek to collect sensitive personal data (such as data revealing political opinions, religious beliefs, and health or sex life. Your prior consent will be requested where such data is needed. Note that, your unsolicited provision to FirstBank of sensitive personal data is an indication of your consent for the processing of such data by FirstBank .
FirstBank may process information about criminal offences and convictions where required by law.
FirstBank is happy to inform you of your rights in relation to your personal data that it processes. Note however, that your exercise of any of these rights may result in our inability to provide some services and/or products to you in which case the Bank will withdraw the affected service and/or product. Find examples of such rights below:
You may at any time;
- request for access to your personal data held by FirstBank
- request that your personal data held by FirstBank be deleted or destroyed
- request that FirstBank modifies or updates your personal data to rectify any inaccurate data which it holds
- request that FirstBank delivers to you or a third party your personal data held by FirstBank
- request that FirstBank restricts the processing your personal data held by it.
- request that your personal data should not be processed for the purpose of marketing
- decline a consent request from FirstBank or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by FirstBank
Further to the above rights, you may lodge complaints or make enquiries concerning the processing of your personal data through any of our channels detailed in the contact section below
A full description of your rights under the GDPR is contained in Articles 12- 23 of the GDPR
FirstBank may gather and analyse information regarding usage of this web site, including domain name, the number of hits, the pages visited, previous/subsequent sites visited and length of user session. This information may be gathered by using a cookie. A cookie is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. You can choose whether or not to use a cookie by altering the settings of your browser. A cookie will make the use of this web site faster and easier.
Accepting or Rejecting Cookies
You can configure your internet browser to warn you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you may make a decision whether to accept or reject it. Please refer to your internet browser’s help section for specific instructions. Please note that some parts of our website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
Third Party Sites
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not extend to third party sites linked to this web site.
Adequate security measures are in place to ensure that personal data collected by FirstBank is not altered, accessed without requisite authority, or accidentally lost. The personal data we collect are accessed to the extent required for business by authorised personnel, agents, contractors and members of the FBN Holdings Group who are under an obligation of confidentiality
How to contact FBN
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our data processing activities, please contact us through any of our various channels:
CALL 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000; or
SMS Short Code 30012; or
VISIT a branch close to you.
FirstBank reserves the right to update sections of this Privacy Statement at any time. Please check this statement from time to time for any changes.