Description of the product
Firstmonie Wallet is an electronic wallet that allows individuals the convenience of making and accepting payments electronically with their mobile numbers.
This is a tool used by developing nations to enable individuals participate more fully in the global financial system.
Firstmonie Wallet eliminates the need to carry a physical wallet by storing customers’ payment information securely and compactly
- Transfer Funds
- Fund Wallet
- Data Vending
- Bill Payments
- Corporate Payments & Collection
- Bet9ja Funding
- More convenience for customers.
- Access to different accounts via the wallet.
- Available with or without internet data and can be accessed on any network in Nigeria.
- Instant Transaction without BVN.
Firstmonie Wallet is available on two channels (i.e the USSD code – *894*1# & the Mobile App) and there are three account classes for Firstmonie Wallet with their unique specifications
|Customer||Inflow Limit per day(=N=)||Outflow limit||Wallet Capacity||Requirement|
|Firstmonie Classic||50,000||50,000||50,000||300,000||Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth|
|Firstmonie Gold||200,000||100,000||200,000||500,000||BVN and Valid means of Identification (e.g. Voters’ Card)|
|Firstmonie Platinum||5,000,000||100,000||1,000,000||10,000,000||Comply with KYC requirements contained in CBN AML/CFT Regulation, 2009|
- Mobile Phone: Registration can be done using any kind of mobile device
- Active Mobile Number: Customer needs to have a registered and active mobile number as this would be the account for the Wallet
- Data for the mobile app registration. Customers would require data to download the App from Play Store or IOS store and complete registration
- Airtime for USSD registration – Airtime as low as N4 is requested for session cost on USSD registration.
- What is Firstmonie Wallet?
Firstmonie Wallet is FirstBank’s online digital platform that allow customers perform seamless transaction using their mobile numbers from anywhere at any time.
- What can I do with Firstmonie Wallet?
With your Firstmonie Wallet, you can transfer money to any bank account in Nigeria and any mobile number, buy airtime, buy data, pay bills and fund your bet9ja wallet, check balance and generate statement and withdraw cash via:
- Any Mobile Device
- Any Network
- How can I create a Firstmonie Wallet account?
To join Firstmonie and have access to our exciting features, kindly download the app from either the Google Play Store or iOS app store, or you dial *894*1# and follow the quick easy steps to create your wallet account. All you need is your mobile number.
- If I have an old wallet, do I need to re-register?
Yes, you do and a new wallet would be opened for you. However, if you have money on the old funds which you wish to claim, kindly visit the nearest FirstBank branch.
- Do I have to register on the mobile app and USSD separately?
No, you just have to register on one channel and use the 5-digit PIN created to access the two channels (USSD and Mobile App).
- How can I deposit into my wallet?
You can fund your wallet from a debit card (of any Bank), a FirstBank account, any active Firstmonie Wallet or at Firstmonie Agent location. Funding from your FirstBank account is free! However, funding your wallet from a debit card costs 1% on amount while at agent location has three charges depending on the amount deposited.
- What is my Wallet account number?
Your Firstmonie Wallet account is the mobile number you registered with.
- Customer can’t download the mobile app (App not installed)
Please confirm that you have enough space (internal memory) on your mobile device or you dial our USSD alternative channel. If you still can’t download the app, no worries. Kindly escalate to email@example.com
- I am not getting my OTP
When registering on the app or funding your account with your Debit/ATM card, we require you to input an OTP that would be sent to you. If you aren’t receiving any OTP, kindly escalate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I withdraw money from my Firstmonie Wallet?
You can withdraw money from your wallet in cash at any Firstmonie Agent Location or you transfer to any bank account in Nigeria.
- Do I need BVN to start transacting?
No, you can create a Firstmonie Wallet account without BVN and start transacting on your account which can have a balance as high as N300,000
- What is my Wallet PIN?
Your Firstmonie Wallet PIN is a 5-digit PIN used to login to the app and authorize a transaction on your account. For proper security, please ensure that your PIN is unique to you and not shared with anyone.
- How do I change my Firstmonie PIN?
You want to change your Firstmonie PIN? It’s easy. Just open your profile on the app and select “Change PIN” or dial *894*1#, choose “My Account”, then select “PIN Change”
- I forgot my password, what do I do?
Just click forgot password at the login page and follow the easy steps
- My account was debited but I didn’t get value.
We know and understand how you feel. Kindly reach out to us on email@example.com and we will investigate and resolve the issue as soon as we can.
- Does Firstmonie wallet have an age requirement?
Yes. You should be at least 18 years to have a Firstmonie account