Firstmonie Agent network is a bespoke channel through which FirstBank expresses her commitment and passion to broadening the opportunities and access to financial services for every Nigerian and African; especially within the low income segment (popularly referred to as the unbanked and under-banked population).
Since the launch in 2012, we have recorded the following milestones:
- Simplified access to an account: Enrolment process is simple, safe and devoid of the cumbersome documentation requirements. Some of these documentation requirements had excluded a vast majority of bankable adult population from accessing financial services over the years.
- Large scale Agent Network: Firstmonie is driven through an Agent network (third party businesses acting on behalf of the bank to render financial services). These Agents, who are already positioned within communities with limited or no banking penetration, provide viable partnerships for reaching the target market. The commissions earned from the Firstmonie business augments their income and further empowers them to meet their domestic needs. Our network cuts across all 36 states in the country.
- Provision of cheap and affordable financial services to rural communities: Penetrating remote locations remains a challenge in the formal financial sector. Through our Agent network, we are surmounting this hurdle by taking affordable financial services to rural dwellers who do not have enough savings to open a bank account or able to pay for banking services.
- Human ATMs: We are resolved to reducing reliance on over-the-counter transactions (in-branch), while at the same time providing personalized services that endear trust and promotes convenience. Our Agent network can be described as “human ATMs” which serve all customer segment types of every bank in Nigeria. In the coming years, we will be extending this proposition to all our subsidiary locations across Africa.
- Empowerment of Individuals without bank accounts to initiate / consummate financial services: At any time of the day and from any of our locations. As an accredited service point in target communities, our Agent network bridges the gap between high-tech service and low-literacy clients.
- A vast and transparent delivery channel for the administration of social intervention schemes, promotional disbursements, and other customised services related to logistics: Some examples are the Feed the Future scheme by Catholic Relief Services (funded by USAID), Polio Eradication programme in Northern Nigeria (UNICEF), FrieslandCampina – Peak Nigeria 60th Anniversary loyalty promotions.
We are constantly innovating our products to meet the changing needs of our customers. However, our current service offering include the following:
Withdraw money from any bank account
Send money to any bank account
Customer enquiries about FirstBank products
Partner with us – Become a Firstmonie Agent
Anyone who meets the following requirements can be a Firstmonie Agent;
- Own an existing business with good patronage
- A visible business location which is easily accessible
- Minimum working capital of N50,000
- Complete Agent registration form and execute agreement
- Valid identification – Voter’s card, Driver’s License, International Passport, National ID card
- Any regulatory information as required (e.g. Business registration documents)
Potential Agents include any of the following entities:
- Unregistered SMEs – Individuals
- Registered businesses – Limited liability companies, Sole proprietorships, Partnerships, Cooperative societies
- Corporates with retail chains / large distribution network
It’s easy to reach us for any enquiries on the Firstmonie Agent network
- Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on any of the following numbers:
- 0700FIRSTMONIE (0700-34778-66643)
- Visit any FirstBank Branch
Who can transact at a Firstmonie Agent?
Everyone – whether you are a FirstBank customer or a customer of another Bank, we’ve got you covered!
What will I get as evidence for transactions processed at the Agent's location?
- A receipt for every transaction
- An SMS alert from your Bank for your transactions.
How will I identify a genuine Firstmonie Agent?
Every Agent has a Certificate of Registration and an Identification Number that can be verified at any FirstBank branch, or through the FirstBank contact center.
What are the benefits of transacting through a Firstmonie Agent?
- Saves money – no travel costs to the nearest bank branch or ATM point
- Saves time – no queues
- Easy to use – transactions can be processed with or without an ATM card
- Safe to use – transactions are PIN protected