WorldRemit is an online service that allows beneficiaries receive money from friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet. It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees. Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up. World Remit’s service is available to senders in over 50 countries. They offer transfers to more than 140 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.
- It’s a direct to account transfer, customers are not required to walk into any branch
- Service fees are low compared to other traditional money transfer companies
- Transfer is available to receiver immediately the sender concludes the transactionBeneficiary’s account is credited immediately
- No fees for recipients required
1) Who can apply?
- The service is available to anyone older than 18years.
2) Can I send funds to a company or as a company?
For now, the CBN policy does not accommodate outbound transactions for individuals or companies.
3) What do I do if my transfer has been adjudged to be a “No Match”?
- Contact your Sender to investigate with Western Union International.
4) Why Is The Rate Of Conversion For Transaction Different From CBN/Parallel Market Rate?
- You do not need to reveal your 4-digit PIN to the Operator.
5) Why is the rate of conversion for transactions different from the CBN/parallel market rate?
- The rates are automated on the software and are not customized for manipulation by the bank.
6) Can I collect transfers on weekends?
- Transfers are processed on a 24hr basis directly in to customer’s account.