World Remit is an online financial service that enables a sender to send money from any location to friends and family anywhere and everywhere around the world. It is an app-based service which implies that any transaction can be initiated from the sender’s computer and other smart devices. It is a convenient, fast and secure service.
FirstBank partners with WorldRemit so your loved ones can send you money online and you can receive directly to your bank account.
A better way to send money from abroad
Sending and receiving money from abroad just got simpler, safer, faster, and cost effective.
The better way to receive money either as cash or directly to your bank account is through the FirstBank’s WorldRemit Money Transfer Services. It is the most cost-effective way to send money from abroad.
Why Choose FirstBank’s WorldRemit?
- We ‘re Simple
No need to visit an agent or bank when sending or receiving money, Send 90 currencies to 150 countries from your smartphone or computer. Money sent from abroad can also be received directly into FirstBank accounts in Nigeria.
- We ‘re Fast
90% of our transactions are authorized in minutes and readily accessible to beneficiaries.
- We ‘re Safe
Our industry-leading technology protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
- We ‘re Low – Cost
See our low fees and our best exchange rates upfront, with no hidden costs.
Requirements for Receiving WorldRemit Are:
- The Reference Number/ID (A unique 8-digit pin)
- The Expected Amount
- Acceptable means of identification (Driver’s License, Permanent Voters Card, International Passport, National Identity Card and Biometric Verification Number)
- The receiver’s name, address, and phone number
- One Time Password (OTP), which will be sent to the Beneficiary by the sender.
- For direct to account, recipient will only share their FirstBank account with the sender.
Requirements for Sending WorldRemit:
Transaction can only be sent from abroad to Nigeria on WorldRemit, send options is not available for now.
Any of the following documents are valid means of identification
- Driver’s license
- Permanents Voters Card
- International Passport
- National Identity Card
- Biometric Verification Number
Who can Receive WorldRemit?
This service is available to anyone who is 18 years and above
1) Who do I contact for complaints?
- You can contact money transfer department via mail on Money_Transfer_Department@firstbanknigeria.com or call 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000
2) What do I need an OTP for?
- OTP is one-time password and it serves as second level check for worldremit transactions. OTP is sent to the beneficiary by the sender and should be brought to the bank by the beneficiary as it will be required to conclude the transaction.
3) Why did the operator say there is no match for my transaction?
A “No Match Found” transaction could be as a result of the following:
- Wrong Reference Number
- Stale Transfer
- Already Paid Transfer
5) What do I do if my Transfer has been adjudged to be a “No Match”?
- Call your sender to investigate with WorldRemit
6) What is a reference Number?
- It is a unique 8-digit number that the sender gives to the recipient and it is one of the things that the recipient visits our location with.