Do you know you can receive or send money directly from your account abroad with our western union money transfer? Yes you can! Take the advantage now!
When it comes to Sending or Receiving money to and from abroad, there is no better way than FirstBank’s Western Union money transfer services. With over 20 years partnership with Western Union, our wealth of experience in pioneering remittance payout gives us the edge in the market. With over 600 payout locations across the country, our team of operators’ works through the week to provide you with fast, secure and convenient payout services to meet your demands. So think FirstBank when next you want to receive or send money through Western Union money transfer.
- You can send or receive your remittances from any of our branches in Nigeria
- Customers can pick or send their transfers from Mondays through Fridays nationwide and from selected locations on weekends and public holidays
- Transfer is available to receiver immediately the sender concludes the transaction
- Receiver does not pay any fee.
Requirements for Receiving Payments
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Expected Amount
- Acceptable means of identification (see Required documents)
- The receiver’s name, address and phone numbers
- Sender’s name and country (city to be included for transfers coming from the US and Mexico)
- Test Question and Answer where applicable.
Requirements for Sending Payments
- Sender’s name, Phone number, address
- The receiver’s name and country
- Amount in Naira
- Acceptable means of identification (see Required Documents)
- Sender must have a FirstBank account or be identified by an account holder
- Test Question and Answer where applicable
- A maximum send limit of 1,000USD Naira equivalent per customer per quarter, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Who Can Apply?
This service is available to anyone who is 18yrs and above.
Any of the following documents are valid means of identification:
- International Passport
- Driver’s License
- Permanent Voters card
- National Identity Card
1) Who do I contact for complaints?
- You can contact our Money Transfer Department via mail on email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call 019057125, 019057144, 019057122, 019057142 .
2) Why did the operator say there is no match for my transaction?
A “No match found” transaction could occur as a result of the following:
- Wrong MTCN
- Stale Transfer
- Already paid Transfer.
3) What do I do if my transfer has been adjudged to be a “No Match”?
- Contact your Sender to investigate with Western Union International.
4) Do I need to reveal my 4-digit PIN to the Operator?
- You do not need to reveal your 4-digit PIN to the Operator.
5) Why is the rate of conversion for transactions different from the CBN/parallel market rate?
- FirstBank does not determine the rate of conversion for the transactions. The rates are automated on the software and are not customized for manipulation by the Bank.
6) Can I collect my transfers on weekends?
- FirstBank has over 60 dedicated centers spread across the country that offer Money Transfer services everyday including weekends and public holidays from the hours of 10am – 3pm.
7) Why did the operator keep a copy of my form after refusing payment?
- The operator keeps the original copy of the form as a proof that the customer visited the location and the transfer was not paid based on the reason(s) annotated on the form.
8) Can I send funds as a company or to a company?
- You cannotsend funds as a company or to a company. The CBN policy states that the outbound service is strictly on “a person to person basis”. No business transactions are allowed.