Do you know you can receive or send money directly from your account abroad with our western union money transfer? Yes you can! Take the advantage now!
US Dollars Payout either as Cash Pick up or directly into your Bank account – it is entirely your choice
Do you know you can receive Money Transfer in US Dollars directly into your FirstBank Domiciliary account or over the counter at any FirstBank branch nationwide? Yes, you can! Tap into this opportunity.
When it comes to Sending or Receiving money to and from abroad, there is no better way than FirstBank’s Western Union Money Transfer Services. With over 25years partnership with Western Union, our wealth of experience in pioneering remittance payout gives us the edge in the market. We are open all through the week in our over 750 locations spread across the country and on weekends at designated locations to meet your demands. So, think FirstBank when next you want to receive or send money through Western Union money transfer.
- Send or receive your remittances in US Dollars from any of our branches in Nigeria.
- Customers can pick or send their transfers from Mondays through Fridays nationwide and from selected locations on weekends and public holidays.
- Transfer is available to receiver immediately the sender concludes the transaction
- Receiver does not pay any fee whatsoever.
Requirements for Receiving Payments
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Expected Amount
- Acceptable means of identification (Driver’s License, Permanent Voters Card, International Passport, National Identity Card and Biometric Verification Number)
- The receiver’s name, address and phone number
- Sender’s name and country (city to be included for transfers coming from the US and Mexico)
- Test Question and Answer where applicable.
- For direct to account, recipient will only share their FirstBank account details with the senders
Requirements for Sending Payments
- Sender’s name, Phone number, address
- The receiver’s name and country
- Amount in Naira
- Acceptable means of identification
- Sender must have a FirstBank account holder
- Test Question and Answer where applicable
- A maximum send limit of USD3,000 Naira equivalent per quarter per customer, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Who Can Apply?
This service is available to anyone who is 18yrs and above.
Any of the following documents are valid means of identification:
- International Passport
- Driver’s License
- Permanent Voters card
- National Identity Card
- Who do I contact for complaints?
You can contact money transfer department via mail on Money_Transfer_Department@firstbanknigeria.com or call 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000
- Why did the operator say there is no match for my transaction?
A “No Match Found” transaction could be because of the following:
- Wrong Reference Number
- Stale Transfer
- Already Paid Transfer/li>
- What do I do if my Transfer has been adjudged to be a “No Match”?
Call your sender to investigate with Western Union International.
- What is MTCN?
Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) is the unique 10 – digit number that the sender gives to the recipient and it is one of the things that the recipient visits our location with. The receiver completes the receive form with the first six numbers of the MTCN while the last four number is kept as secret and only entered the Pin Pad when required by the Operator.
- Do I need to reveal my four-digit pin to the operator?
No. You need not reveal your pin to the operator, it is keyed into the pin pad when the operator prompts.
- What currency will I be paid?
As mandated by CBN, all payouts are made in US Dollars either as cash pick up or directly into customers account.
- Can I collect my Transfers on Weekends?
Yes, at designated location
- Why did the operator keep a copy of my form after refusing payment?
The operator keeps the original copy of the form as a proof that the customer visited the location and the transfer was not paid due to the reason(s) annotated on the form.