The Verve Card is powered by Interswitch, secured with chip and pin technology. Your Verve card allows you to conveniently pay for goods and services because it is accepted by all payment channels and bank branches connected to the Interswitch network in Nigeria.
- Secured with chip and pin technology for enhanced protections of funds.
- Denominated in Naira
- Accepted wherever the Interswitch logo or verve logo is displayed in Nigeria.
- Valid for Quickteller services
- Transactions done with the card can easily be monitored via the FirstBank internet banking service and on the FirstBank Mobile Banking App
- 24 hour access to support for all card related complaints through FirstContact.
- Easy access to funds 24 hours each day
- Eliminates the risk and inconvenience of carrying cash
- Flexible, can be used across multiple channels – POS, Web, ATMs
- Multiple Value-Added Services – Airtime recharge, Bills payments, e.t.c.
- Enjoys discounts targeted at Verve cardholders. This is an exclusive collection of discounts for Verve cardholders. Please visit the ververewards.com and carry the program’s benefits wherever you go.
How to Apply?
To apply for a FirstBank verve card,
- Visit any FirstBank branch to complete an application form. The request could be done on the FirstMobile App and on the FirstBank internet banking page.
1: Can Verve cards work on the web?
Yes, but only on websites bearing the Interswitch or Verve acceptance logo.
2: How do I activate my card?
Activate your Verve card by selecting your preferred PIN (Personal Identification Number) on the Customer PIN Selectable Machine’ at our Customer Service Desk before leaving the branch OR visit any FirstBank ATM to perform PIN change.
3: Can I use my Verve card to shop on all websites (domestic & international)?
Verve card works only on “domestic” websites bearing the Interswitch or Verve acceptance logo.
4: What is my PIN?
PIN stands for “Personal Identification Number”. It is the four-digit number known only to you and used to complete transactions on ATMs and other pertinent payment devices.
5: How do I shop on the web?
Select the item you wish to purchase, proceed to ‘Checkout’, provide your Verve card number, provide your Expiry date, provide the CVV number (the last three digits appearing on the back of your card, beside the signature panel), and input your PIN using the secure keypad displayed on your screen.
6: How do I protect my Verve card from fraud?
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Keep your card safe and out of sight and reach of others.
The FirstBank Verve Card Promo is set to reward customers for reactivating and using their Verve Cards for transactions on PoS and Web. The more you transact with your FirstBank Verve Card, the higher your chances to win weekly airtime and cash prizes; and the grand prize of a trip to Dubai.
Click here for Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I use my Verve card to qualify for the promo?
A: On POS or WEB.
Q: Does the promo cover transactions done on ATM?
A: No. The promo is only applicable to POS or WEB transactions.
Q: What kind of transactions would qualify me for the reward?
All transactions carried out on either POS or WEB are eligible.
Q: I misplaced my card a long time ago. If I get a new one, will I still qualify for the promo?
Q: How many times do I have to use my card to qualify for the reward?
A: The more transactions carried out, the better the chances to qualify for the reward.
Q: What is the Local POS & WEB limit on my Verve card?
A: POS limit is N500,000 while WEB is N1,000,000
Q: Can I request for POS / WEB limit increase on my Verve card?
A: Yes. Kindly fill a concession form at any of our branches to increase your local POS / Web spending limits.
Q: Who do I contact for further enquiry?
A: Kindly visit the nearest FirstBank branch or our website on www.firstbanknigeria.com for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on your card. You may also contact our Customer Service Desk on 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org