1) Is the Visa Gold card a Debit or a Credit card?
- The Visa Gold card is a cash-backed Credit Card. The limit assigned to the card corresponds exactly to the amount paid by the cardholder into the Visa Gold card account, issuance fee of $25 and annual maintenance fee of $19.
2) Will a lien be placed on my US Domiciliary account with respect to my desired limit on the Visa Gold card?
- No. You would, however, be required to always maintain a minimum balance of $50 in your Visa Gold account.
3) What are the fees associated with the Visa Gold card?
- Issuance fee – $25
- Annual maintenance fee – $19
- Purchase fee (POS, Internet) – Free
- Web fee – Free
- ATM withdrawal fee – $3
4) What are the daily usage limits for my Visa Gold card?
- ATM cash withdrawals – $1,000 (total frequency – 5 times)
- Purchases (POS) – $10,000 (total frequency – 20 times)
- Purchases (Internet) – $5,000 (total frequency – 5 times)
- POS Cash Advance (Branch) – $5,000
- POS Cash Advance (Merchant) – $5,000
The above limits are subject to a daily cumulative limit of $10,000.
5) How long would it take for my Visa Gold card to be ready for collection, after I submit my application?
- For Lagos branches, the Visa Gold card will be ready for collection 2 business days after application. While for upcountry branches, Visa Gold cards will be ready for collection 5 business days after application. Please visit a first bank branch to apply. Compulsory hold amount on card is $50.