FirstBank Visa Gold card is an international premium credit card issued in partnership with Visa International. It is a US Dollars denominated card and secured by chip and PIN technology.
- Daily spend limit on ATM ($1,000) , POS ($10,000) and WEB ($5,000) anywhere in the World with your Visa Gold card.
- Access to international emergency services with your Visa Gold card i.e. Emergency Card Replacement & Emergency Cash Advance in situations where your card gets lost or damaged.
- International Credit Card Capabilities.
- Card Protection to activate or deactivate cards for all types of transaction, using the Card-in-Control Service on Firstmobile or the USSD *894# – Quick banking-Card management.
1) Is the Visa Gold card a Debit or a Credit card?
- The Visa Gold card has both the credit variant and self-funded variant. The Credit variant is cash-backed and the limit assigned is determined by the collateral cover. The customer spends ONLY the amount he pays into his card with the self-funded Visagold card.
2) Will a lien be placed on my US Domiciliary account with respect to my desired limit on the Visa Gold card?
- No. You would, however, be required to always maintain a minimum operating balance of $40 in your Visa Gold account.
3) What are the fees associated with the Visa Gold card?
- Issuance fee – $3
- Annual Maintenance Fee- $20 taken upfront at issuance
- Purchase fee (POS, Internet) – Free
- Web fee – Free
- ATM withdrawal fee – $3
- Card Replacement Fee – $3
4) What are the daily usage limits for my Visa Gold card?
- ATM cash withdrawals – $1,000 (total frequency – 5 times)
- Purchases (POS) – $10,000 (total frequency – 20 times)
- Purchases (Internet) – $5,000 (total frequency – 5 times)
- POS Cash Advance (Branch) – $5,000
- POS Cash Advance (Merchant) – $5,000
The above limits are subject to a daily cumulative limit of $10,000.
5) How long would it take for my Visa Gold card to be ready for collection, after I submit my application?
For Lagos branches, the Visa Gold card will be ready for collection 2 business days after application. While for upcountry branches, Visa Gold cards will be ready for collection 5 business days after application. Please visit a first bank branch to apply. Compulsory hold amount on card is $40.