FirstBank Visa Gold Card is an international premium credit card issued in partnership with Visa International. It is accepted for payment at over 29 million locations and for cash withdrawals at over 1.8 million ATMs in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Available in 24 hours with instant PIN selection
- Accepted worldwide
- Access to selected global Visa privileges and benefits, discounts and rewards at choice hospitality centers worldwide.
- Access to international emergency services
- Emergency Card replacement
- Emergency cash advance
- International recognition and status associate with premium cards
- Transactions done with the card can easily be monitored via the FirstBank internet banking service 24 hour access to support for all card related complaints through FirstContact.
1) Is the Visa Gold card a Debit or a Credit card?
- The Visa Gold card is a cash-backed Credit Card. The limit assigned to the card corresponds exactly to the amount paid by the cardholder into the Visa Gold card account, issuance fee of $3 and annual maintenance fee of $20 which is taken upfront.
2) Will a lien be placed on my US Domiciliary account with respect to my desired limit on the Visa Gold card?
- No. You would, however, be required to always maintain a minimum operating balance of $40 in your Visa Gold account.
3) What are the fees associated with the Visa Gold card?
- Issuance fee – $3
- Annual maintenance fee – $20
- Purchase fee (POS, Internet) – Free
- Web fee – Free
- ATM withdrawal fee – $3
- Card Replacement Fee – $3
4) What are the daily usage limits for my Visa Gold card?
- ATM cash withdrawals – $1,000 (total frequency – 5 times)
- Purchases (POS) – $10,000 (total frequency – 20 times)
- Purchases (Internet) – $5,000 (total frequency – 5 times)
- POS Cash Advance (Branch) – $5,000
- POS Cash Advance (Merchant) – $5,000
The above limits are subject to a daily cumulative limit of $10,000.
5) How long would it take for my Visa Gold card to be ready for collection, after I submit my application?
For Lagos branches, the Visa Gold card will be ready for collection 2 business days after application. While for upcountry branches, Visa Gold cards will be ready for collection 5 business days after application. Please visit a first bank branch to apply. Compulsory hold amount on card is $40.