FIRS Tax is a compulsory levy imposed on the income of individuals, corporate bodies and government agencies for the financing of government expenditures. These levies include: Company income tax, Value Added Tax, Withholding tax, Education tax, Stamp Duty etc.
- Electronic payment method via PAYDirect Platform
- Customer’s Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Taxpayer is seen as a responsible citizen
- WHT tax receipt issued to Taxpayer can be used to offset tax liability
1) What is TIN?
- Tax Identification Number. A unique code for recognising a taxpayer on FIRS database.
2) Can payment be made in any FirstBank branch?
- Yes, you can pay your tax at any FirstBank branch.
3) What documents required for payment?
- Customer TIN, Assessment Form, WHT schedule.
4) How can a new taxpayer get the TIN?
- Taxpayers can get their Tax Identification Number (TIN) from any Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) tax office.
5) Must a taxpayer be assessed before payment?
Pre-payment assessment is not necessary. However, new taxpayers (individual and corporate) are assessed before payment of certain taxes, for instance POL Tax, Penalty, etc.