FirstBank Women Network is aimed at addressing the gender gap at the senior levels and tap the opportunities presented by enabling our women contribute even more if given the necessary strategic support and an intentionally enabling environment. This includes providing a platform that enables women to become more engaged in their workplace, set and achieve goals, have greater influence in their lives and achieve more of their potential. The initiative was launched with the International Women’s day (IWD) celebration that held on the 8th of March 2018 with the theme #PressforProgress.
- Career Management: Created to influence and develop women; through several technical and personal development programs and equip and encourage women to continue their pursuit of a career in core banking.
- Program, events and networking opportunities: responsible for creating intentional plans for exposing more women to networking opportunities through seminars, conferences, and events which will build their confidence to take on higher responsibilities, and seeking opportunities for public speaking
- Personal Branding: responsible for Impression Management, improving communication and presentation skills to ensure women are well equipped to compete internally and externally in addition to epitomising the FirstBank Woman.
- Mentoring, Coaching & Sponsorship: To provide mentoring, coaching and sponsorship opportunities; aligning with existing mentoring programs, for increased women specific focus and intentional growth and advancement
- Support & Welfare: To create the required systems through counselling, support and welfare where necessary; to provide the emotional support needed to advance and attain leadership positions.
- Financial Planning & Empowerment: Create Financial education programmes targeted to help women have the right mindset towards achieving financial independence and security in retirement.