Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
FIRS Tax is a compulsory levy imposed on the income of individuals, corpoarte bodies and government agencies for the financing of government expenditures. These levies include: Company income tax, Value Added Tax, Withholding tax, Education tax, Stamp Duty etc
- Electronic payment method via PAYDirect Platform.
- Customers' Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Taxpayers Assessment by FIRS is a prerequsite for payment
- Source of income to banks and government.
- Tax payment is mandatory for all eligible adults, companies etc as enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution.
- Transactions with government agencies/parastatals in Nigeria cannot be concluded without the tax clearance.
- Taxpayer is seen as a responsible citizen.
- WHT tax receipt issued to Taxpayer can be used to offset tax liability